Course Description: Brahma Samhita is only the fifth chapter of the Hymns of Brahmā which were recorded in a hundred chapters. The Supreme Lord Śrī Caitanya picked up this chapter from the temple of Ādi-keśava at Tiruvattar, a village lying under the government of Travancore, for the assurance of all God-loving, and especially Kṛṣṇa-loving, people in this conditioned jurisdiction.
- Verse 1 seems to be a section on its own.
- Verses 2-6 describe the abode of Lord Kṛṣṇa and Kṛṣṇa Himself.
- Verses 7-21 describe the process of creation.
- Verses 22-28 describe the process of realization undergone by Lord Brahmā.
Govindam ādi-puruṣam: (Verses 29-55)
- Verses 29-33 describe the matchless beauty of Lord Kṛṣṇa.
- Verses 42-53 describe the Lord and His expansions like Maha-Viṣṇu and representatives (Durga, Sun, Indra, etc).
Conclusion: (Verses 56-62)
1. Verse 56 gives a very beautiful description of Goloka Vṛndāvana.
Verses 57-62 describe Lord Kṛṣṇa’s words to Lord Brahmā.
Course Materials: Brief notes on every session
Target Audience: Anyone who is curiosity to study the prayers of Lord Brahma
Assessment Plan: An examination held at the end of the course
Course requirement: None – Open to all