Sanskrit Pronunciation Course
Sanskrit Pronunciation Course introduces the student to foundational concepts of accurate Sanskrit Pronunciation. By the end of this course, the students will be able to:
- Pronounce each letter distinctly and accurately,
- Pronounce the standard prayers and scriptural verses within an acceptable level of accuracy, and
- Distinguish the correct pronunciation of text from the incorrect pronunciation of text therein.
Course Contents: This course offers the following subjects of study:
- The necessity and importance of correct Sanskrit pronunciation
- Training in pronouncing basic sounds and complex words
- Unlearning mispronunciations and training in daily prayers
- Training in pronouncing selected verses
Course Materials: “Sanskrit Pronunciation: A Comprehensive Guide” by HH Lokanath Swami.
Target Audience:Anyone who is interested to tune one’s tongue to perfect Sanskrit phonetics.
Assessment Plan:An examination held at the end of the course.
Course Requirement: None – Open for all